What is SAP?
SAP systems or SAP finance Malaysia are critical to business management and activities, regardless of the size of the company. SAP is an acronym that stands for Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing. SAP is both the name of the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software and the name of the company. SAP Software is a multinational corporation headquartered in Germany that was founded in 1972 by Wellenreuther, Hopp, Hector, Plattner, and Tschira. They create software to manage business processes and customer relationships. The SAP system is made up of multiple fully integrated modules that cover nearly every single aspect of business administration.
As SAP continues to add new applications, tools, and interfaces for nearly every area of business management, SAP qualifications are becoming highly attractive to employees and businesses. This certificate can be obtained as part of a degree programme or as a stand-alone course. The SAP course includes a variety of modules ranging from fundamental to technical in nature, covering nearly all elements of business management. It enables you to manage SAP business by design, including organisational structure setup, solution extension, and more. SAP-certified professionals can create data warehouses, create input screens, and manage databases.
SAP courses typically cover the following topics:
- SAP software as a service (SaaS)
- Scenarios and business processes
- Data warehouses
- Commodity management,
- Data warehouses
- database administration
Types of SAP modules
Two SAP modules are made up of several sub-modules. The two modules are as follows:
SAP provides a variety of pre-defined functionalities to assist businesses in performing multiple operations. Standard functionality is provided by functional modules to recreate real business activity. Business intelligence, business objects, customer relations management, financial management, sales, dispersion, and supply chain management are among the topics covered by the functional SAP module.
List of functional modules
- SAP financial accounting (FI)
- SAP financial supply chain management (FSCM)
- SAP controlling (CO)
- SAP materials management (MM)
- SAP sales and distribution (SD)
- SAP logistics execution (LE)
- SAP production planning (PP)
- SAP quality management (QM)
- SAP plant maintenance (PM)
- SAP project system (PS)
- SAP human resources management (HRM)
Technical modules are primarily concerned with programming and SAP module customization. These SAP modules allow professionals to troubleshoot performance issues, manage and execute migrations, schedule tasks, develop programs, download and install updates, and troubleshoot performance issues.
List of technical modules
- SAP basis
- SAP security
- advanced business application programming (ABAP)
- high performance analytic appliance (SAP HANA)
- SAP NetWeaver
- information systems management (SAP IS)
- customer relationship management (SAP CRM)
- exchange infrastructure (SAP XI)
- SAP Solution Manager (SAP SM)
The roles of SAP professionals in various fields
SAP certified professionals can work efficiently and effectively in the areas stated below:
- Human resources include the administration of employment agreements, wage and payroll, employing, promotional offers, personnel department, and recruitment.
- Customer relationship management entails cultivating long-term profitable partnerships, creating innovative solutions for better consumer experience, ensuring consistency across branches, and increasing customer value.
- To-do lists, order confirmation, shipment, costing, invoicing, credit processes, freight forwarding, and customer support are all managed in sales and distribution.
- Using business explorer tools, extract, compile, analyse, and report data from multiple sources, handle data storage, and deliver reports in various formats such as graphs, grids, maps, and charts.